Available and Anticipated Credits
Available credits are the result of credit
projects that have:
- High quality greater sage-grouse (GRSG) habitat or a commitment
to enhance/restore the project area to high quality habitat for GRSG.
- Interest from project proponent in selling credits to a
mitigation buyer and enrolling in the Conservation Credit System (CCS).
And have worked with partners to:
- Conduct habitat measurements utilizing the CCS Habitat
Quantification Tool (HQT) to calculate habitat quality and function for GRSG
and estimate the credits available for at least a 30-year commitment to
protect/maintain GRSG habitat quality.
- Worked with the SETT to finalize the credits available for sale
and finalize and sign a management plan to be implemented upon sale of credits
over the duration of the commitment to protect/maintain habitat quality.
Projects anticipated to soon have
available credits reflect credit projects that have high quality greater
sage-grouse (GRSG) habitat or plans to enhance/restore the project area to high
quality habitat for GRSG as well as interest from the project proponent in
selling credits to a mitigation buyer and enrolling in the CCS. Although habitat measurements and efforts to
utilize the HQT are currently underway or have already been completed, final
credit estimates are not yet available for these projects. However, credits associated with these
projects may be available as soon as Fall 2017.
Credit Project Locations
- If you anticipate purchasing credits to offset an anthropogenic
disturbance, please review the information on the Proximity Ratio in the CCS Manual.
- If you are interested in the credit development process, refer
to the "Get Involved" page for more information.